Happy Sunday my friends!
We’ve been enjoying lovely Spring weather for weeks now and with the snow melting away, I’ve been dreaming of long Summer days and all of the wonderful things that come with them! I’ve gotta say that after 5 whole years without any yard space at all really, I’m very much looking forward to spending our days in our new backyard and you can bet there will be a ton of barbequing and picnicing happening there!
What BBQ would be complete without a yummy dish of pasta salad? This pasta salad has become our go-to side dish (all year long in fact) simply because it’s SO easy to whip up a big ol’ batch of it, not to mention it’s SUPER yummy and goes with pretty much everything! I just know y’all are going to LOVE it too!
Recipe: Macaroni Salad
- – 1 package (approximately 1 lb) of your favorite bite sized pasta
- – 2 cups of frozen peas & carrots (or fresh if you’d prefer)
- – 1 1/2 cups of mayonnaise
- – 1/4 cup sour cream
- – 2 tbsp. sugar
- – 2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- – 2 tbsp. mustard
- – sprinkle of salt & pepper to taste
- – 1 cup of cheddar cubed
- Cook up that macaroni al dente, drain and rinse – don’t skip the rinsing as that’s what will stop your pasta from sticking together in a giant blob as it cools. While you’re pasta is boiling away, you can steam your peas and carrots for a few minutes too. Set it all aside to cool in a large mixing bowl.
- In a small mixing bowl, stir up the mayo, sour cream, sugar, apple cider vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper. I usually just toss my cheese cubes and any other add-ins to this sauce so that I can just throw it all in together once the pasta is cool.
- Once the pasta and veggies are cool, fold the sauce mixture and any extra add-ins to coat thoroughly.
– green onions
Number of servings (yield): 8
PS. If you find that your pasta salad gets a bit dry after storing leftovers in the fridge, just add a little milk to the mixture to make everything creamy again.
I’ve been on the hunt for the perfect pasta salad recipe for ages and by golly, I think I’ve finally found it! Winter or Summer, this Macaroni Salad is one of my favorite side dishes – it’s SO easy to whip up and it’s ALWAYS such a huge hit!
Wishing you SUCH a lovely day!