I guess I must have bathrooms on the brain lately. Last week I shared the design plans for our Primary Ensuite Bathroom, but today, I’ve got another bathroom design to share with you. This little powder room is the only bathroom on our main floor, it’s the one we use most often around here and the one that all of our guests use too. It’s pretty bland, boring and very dated.
Unfortunately, we won’t be ready to really dive into renovating this space until we tackle the rest of our main floor (the hardwood flooring will need to tie in with the rest of our main floor), but that doesn’t mean we can’t work in some smaller scale improvements in the mean time. While I don’t want to sink much money into things that will very likely have to change down the road like wall treatments or a new vanity, there’s still plenty that I can change right now that we can reuse in the new space down the road. Let me show you what I’m thinking.
Here’s what we’re thinking:
- Paint the existing vanity to match the trim (colour is Briarwood from Benjamin Moore)
- Add new cabinet knobs to the vanity
- Install a new faucet
- Swap out the existing vanity light, mirror, towel ring, and toilet paper holder
- Add a pretty toilet lever
- And a rug to help cover the ugly floors
- Finally, we’ll add some new artwork to the walls (I’ll likely order up some of these inexpensive prints)
Aside from the painted vanity, I feel confident that we’ll be able to reuse all of the other elements from this Powder Room makeover into our fully renovated Powder Room down the road and, while we’ll still have to live with some ugly old wall tile and flooring for a while yet, at least it’ll look a little better in the mean time. I really think these easy Powder Room updates will make such a difference in that little space.
Wishing you SUCH a lovely day my friends!