Sharing our favourite options for dining lights above our table.
The ceiling fan has to go. While there is totally a time and place for a ceiling fan, I will never be on board with a ceiling fan over the table in a dining room. Not ever. I’ve been itching to get this one down since the day we took possession of our new old house, but, like every other thing around here, I’ve felt a little stuck on just what I would replace it with. I’ve come across a ton of great options in my travels and thought I’d share some of my favourite options with you in case you find yourself on the hunt for a new dining room light too. Read on to see all of our favourite dining room lights and which one we ordered up for our own home below.
Our Favourite Dining Lights
- Soho Chandelier
- Rattan Shade Chandelier
- Hillsborough Chandelier
- Beaming Brass Island Chandelier (definitely not just for islands)
- Slim Shaded Chandelier (I’ve been eying this one up for ages now)
- Vendome Linen Shaded Chandelier (I’ve always loved this one so much!)
- Beatrix Pendant with Wicker Shades
- Lenmore Metal Mobile Chandelier
- Lucca Linear Iron Chandelier
- Diana 4 Light Shaded Pendant (great dupe for the Berkshire Linear!)
- Elija 5 Light Shaded Classic Chandelier
- Sanibel 5 Light Chandelier (great budget friendly option)
- Berkshire 6 Light Chandelier with Linen Shades
- Rigdon 5 Arm Chandelier
- Rodan Hammered Brass Metal Dome Pendant (my sister-in-law has this one hanging over her dining table)
- Berkshire Linear Pendant (you can customize the height of this one)
Lighting can have such a big impact on a space and this ceiling fan really wasn’t doing us any favours in here. It’s all a bit tricky I guess – we know that this entire room will be major renovation project for us within the next few years and I really didn’t want to spend money on something that might not be coming with us through that renovation, but in the end, I just couldn’t resist the urge get that ceiling fan out of here. While I don’t usually choose my lighting before I know what I’m doing with the rest of the space, I just couldn’t resist the difference switching out that ceiling fan would make. With SO many beautiful dining light options to choose from though, I was finding it really hard to commit to just one. I did, however, have this vision of a linear pendant in my head and I was also stuck on this idea that I wanted our dining light to tie in with the sconces in our entryway to create some cohesion throughout the different, but attached spaces. With all of that in the back of my mind, I found myself circling back to the same dining light over and over again – the Berkshire Linear Pendant ticked all of those boxes and more. Not only did I love the matching sconces (which I’ve also ordered up now too), but it was available in a custom height, which helped me to accommodate our lower ceilings and, most of all, I especially loved that it would bring a modern element into an otherwise dated feeling space (I just love that juxtaposition!). I cannot wait to share it with you once we get it all switched out! Keep an out over on Instagram to follow along.
Wishing you SUCH a lovely day my friends!
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read our disclosure and privacy policies.
I can't wait to hear your thoughts!